Penn State Brandywine hires new director of enrollment management

MEDIA, Pa. — Penn State Brandywine recently hired a new director of enrollment management. Nicola DiFronzo-Heitzer, previously employed by Immaculata University in Malvern, assumed her role on campus at the beginning of June.

DiFronzo-Heitzer has more than 16 years of experience in higher education and she looks forward to using her skills at Brandywine.

“My husband’s whole family went to Penn State,” she said, “so we’re avid Penn Staters. This is a great opportunity to work for a top-notch university.”

On campus, DiFronzo-Heitzer will oversee all aspects of enrollment management, including admissions and financial aid. She also will work with other departments to promote the campus and its new residence hall and student union building, which open in August.

“It’s a very exciting time to be here,” she said. “The campus is growing, and that positive change was part of what attracted me to the position.”

Much of DiFronzo-Heitzer’s experience has come from working on smaller campuses with close-knit communities — another aspect of Brandywine life that convinced her to apply.

“Brandywine is a good fit for me,” she said. “You have real chances to get to know the people around you. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful, and I will have many opportunities to get to know the students. That’s important to me.”

As she gets to know the rest of Brandywine’s faculty, staff and students, DiFronzo-Heitzer plans to build on the work of Deb Erie, the retiring director of enrollment management.

“I’m lucky to work alongside Deb for one month. Her team has already done an amazing job increasing enrollment this year,” she said. “I hope to advance that goal and keep us moving forward, and especially to showcase what a great place Brandywine is.”

Contact