The Advisory Board of Penn State Brandywine is established by action of the University Board of Trustees to assist the administration in fulfilling the campus' mission and mandates, as described in its Strategic Plan.
The Advisory Board functions primarily, but not exclusively, as an external arm of the campus and as a liaison with the community as a whole and with individual components of the community, such as governmental and legal entities, business and industry, social agencies, secondary education, labor, and professional organizations and associations. The Advisory Board works to position Penn State Brandywine as the leading major University in the county and surrounding area.
The Board advises and assists the campus administration in:
- managing the educational process in a cost-effective manner;
- being responsive to the social and education needs of the community;
- staying abreast of societal and business-climate changes and adjusting priorities to meet changing needs;
- providing knowledge transfer to business and industry;
- identifying sources of public and private financial support to enhance the physical plant and academic programs;
- providing services consistent with student need;
- being responsive to a diverse clientele;
- identifying and enjoining talented and dedicated individuals for Board membership and leadership.
Advisory Board Membership
Managing Director - Engineering
United Airlines Technical Operations
Michael J. Bradley Jr.
M. J. Bradley Co., Inc.
Robert S. Buxton Jr.
NovaCare Occupational Health Services
Edmond D. Costantini Jr.
Teem Development Co. LLC
Mark H. Dambly
Vice President, Human Resources
Nobel Learning Communities
Thomas A. Gailey Jr.
Gailey Murray Communications
Vice President and Chief Real Estate Officer
Partner, NE Regional Leader, (Renewable Energy Practice)
Rev. Raymond J. Hunter
Independent Christian Ministries
Manager, External Relations
Assistant Vice President of Government Relations
Director, Global SOC Compliance Program
Vice President of Communications
The McKee Group
Gerald J. Parsons
Chairman and CEO
Senior Director, Marketing, Planning, Research
David M. Rosenberg
David M. and Marjorie D. Rosenberg Foundation
Philip J. Ryan
Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Crozer-Keystone Health System
Vice President, Advisory Board
Peggy S. Schipper
President, Advisory Board
Vice President, Marketing and Sales Support
Akcros Chemicals, Inc.
Douglas R. Smith
Vice President, External Affairs
Verizon Pennsylvania, Inc.
John D. Unangst
President and CEO
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
Kristin R. Woolever
Ex Officio, Advisory Board
Penn State Brandywine