Student Aid Information

Student Aid Information


Please note that your main contact for this program will be Margaret Bacheler in the Office of Continuing Education at Penn State Brandywine. Her contact information is or 610-892-1306.

For questions regarding the processing of your financial aid, contact Kevin Armaly at in the Office of Student Aid.

General Eligibility

A student enrolled in the Postbaccalaureate program will be reviewed for federal Direct Stafford loan eligibility for up to one twelve-month period. If eligible, based on federal regulations, the Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford loan amounts are:
$5,500 federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford for a dependent student
$12,500 federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford for an independent student;
and for a dependent student, whose parent applies and is denied the Direct Federal Parent PLUS loan.

How to Apply

  1. Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Be aware that you will likely receive a letter from the Office of Student Aid initially indicating that you are ineligible for federal aid. You will later be notified by email once your student aid is manually awarded by OSA staff and after your program contact person has registered your courses. You may also be selected for a process called verification and, if selected, you will need to provide additional documentation to OSA clarifying information submitted on your FAFSA. A letter with further information will be provided to you, if this step is necessary.
  2. E-sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN). Go to, select appropriate link to MPN for students. Sign the Federal Direct Stafford MPN using your Federal Student Aid PIN (your PIN from the FAFSA).
  3. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling. While at: also complete your Entrance Counseling. Once you sign your MPN, there will be a link to complete Loan Entrance Counseling. You can also log in from the main page listed above.

Additional Financing Options

If you find that you need additional funds beyond the Stafford loan(s) or are not eligible to borrow them you may want to consider the following:

Parents of federal aid eligible dependent students can apply for the Direct Federal Parent PLUS loan. Parents will not be able to use the standard eLion PLUS request form. Paper PLUS request forms will be provided to your program contact for your parent's use:

Independent students or students who are not Federal Aid eligible can apply for a non-degree Private Alternative Loan: