Empowering Nurse Leadership and Advancing Community Health
Leadership Empowerment Program
This leadership empowerment program is designed to build the leadership competencies required for nurses to serve as effective board members in community health organizations. Program participants will be paired with a nurse mentor for face-to-face sessions in Summer 2017. All participants will be required to complete the following web-based leadership modules.
3 web-based modules- 4 hours each = 12 hours total of web-based training
Empowering Yourself as a Leader
- Intro to Nurses on Board!
- Leadership Self-Assessment
- Habits of Self-Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Board Leadership Competency: Team Building
- Board Leadership Competency: Creative Problem-Solving
- Social Responsibility and Board Leadership
Empowering Yourself as a Communicator
- Understanding Communication Styles
- Managing Conflicting Points of View
- Communicating Change
- Making Your Voice Heard: Persuasion
- Building Your Personal Network
Empowering Yourself as a Board Member
- Why Nurses Make Great Board Members
- Board Basics
- Board Leadership Competency - Fiduciary Responsibility
- Board Leadership Competency - Strategic Planning
- Mentor- Mentee Relationship
Upon completion of the web-based training modules, participants will earn a digital badge in Empowering Nurse Leadership. Ceu’s are available.
The program modules will open on April 1. Participants will have 90 days to complete all three modules. Cost is $300 per person.