PENN STATE BRANDYWINE STUDENTS
To Register for courses offered as part of Penn State Brandywine Global Programs:
- Fill out a Drop/Add form with student and course information.
- Contact the instructor for the course. You will need them to initial the Drop/Add form OR have permission to add the course in an email from them.
- Have your adviser sign the form.
- Take the Drop/Add form to Registrar's office, 105 Main Building.
Penn State students enrolling for two courses must secure permission from the Director of Academic Affairs, Dr. Cynthia Lightfoot (212 Main Building).
Penn State students whose course load will exceed 18 credits, including the trip courses, must also secure permission from Dr. Cynthia Lightfoot (212 Main Building).
Complete steps 1, 2, and 3 above. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND ADVISER'S PERMISSION BEFORE BRINGING THE FORM TO DR. LIGHTFOOT. BRING A DEGREE AUDIT OR TRANSCRIPT (something showing your current GPA) ALONG WITH THE DROP/ADD FORM.
Courses will appear as "CLOSED" on the schedule. For this reason, students are to follow the instructions above to secure permission from the instructor and their adviser in order to enroll in a course(s).
Under-enrolled classes may be cancelled and students will be notified.
Any questions, contact Lisa Yanonis, 212 Main Building, email@example.com, 610-892-1413
To register for one course, students must have the instructor's permission and their academic adviser's permission:
- Contact the instructor of record for the course via email asking permission to register for their course.
- After permissions is received, forward that email to your campus/major adviser. It is up to you and your adviser to confirm that the course meets the degree requirements you are looking for.
- Your adviser should FORWARD the instructor email, adding their permission, to the Registrar's office at Penn State Brandywine, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Lisa Yanonis. Be sure to include your Penn State ID, course name and schedule number, appropriate semester, number of credits, and travel destination.
- The registrar will register you for the course. Confirm your registration on eLion.
If you are taking two courses:
If you are planning to take two courses (3+ cr.) on one trip, follow steps 1 and 2 above.
Step 3A: Your adviser should forward the email to the Penn State Brandywine Director of Academic Affairs Dr. Cynthia Lightfoot and Lisa Yanonis. Dr. Lightfoot will review the email and forward it to Lisa Krol in the Registrar's Office. Be sure to check your eLion account to confirm your registration.
ALL courses are classified "closed" on the University Course Schedule. You must follow the steps above in order to enroll in our Global Program courses. Under-enrolled classes may be cancelled and students will be notified.
All travel arrangements and payments are made through Celestial Voyagers. Contact them directly if you have any questions (516-829-1525). Visit their website to enter your registration information (www.celestialvoyagers.com).
Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities available to all Penn State students.