Nittany Lion Career Network
(for students, alumni, and employers)
Penn State's free private online job board lists part-time, full-time, and internship positions:
- Is used across all Penn State campuses by students at all academic levels and employers nationwide.
- Allows students/alumni to post their resume, apply for positions, request an interview, set up email alerts for new postings, access a salary calculator, contact alumni in career fields of interest, learn about Fairs at University Park and more!
- Allows employers to post opportunities, access resumes and schedule on-campus interviews (OCI) at Harrisburg and University Park (which has 44 interview rooms).
Exploration (self, majors, and careers)
Focus provides in-depth information about careers and assists students in making informed decisions regarding majors and careers. This system includes five assessments to help identify suitable careers (interests, skills, values, personality, and leisure activities). Another useful feature allows explorers to find out "What can I do with this Major?."
Create a Focus account and enter "lion" when prompted for the Access code. Follow up with a Career Coach in 104 Main for help reviewing your results and connecting them to Penn State majors and area employers.
(for students and alumni)
Webcam recorded mock interviews which students can conduct in the privacy of their own space and then optionally share with peers or a career coach in Career Services to help critique their skills. Faculty can set up an account to explore this system for potential use with their class. Career Services can create question sets (comprised of 10 questions) to assign to students to complete.
Find out what employees are saying about where they work(ed). Access Glassdoor through this webpage to gain free unlimited access to information about salaries, employees' opinions, sample interview questions you might expect, job postings and more.
The official Penn State Career Guide containing chapters on Avoiding Job Scams, Job Offers and Negotiations, Government Employment, Resumes and Cover, Interviewing Letters, Applying to Grad School and more.
Need an internship or job? Campus Philly Job Board has hundreds of great, regional jobs and internships for students to discover. Upload your resume and begin your search.
- CareerSearch, a comprehensive database with organization/company profiles, contact information, revenue, specialties, competitors, and many more details. Generate an employer list by region and industry or keyword to uncover the hidden job market.
- Option to complete exercises to produce a personalized Career Profile report
- Ability to explore sample resumes and interview questions related to your field of interest
Use your @psu.edu email address to create your account.
GoingGlobal (for students, faculty/staff)
This database contains employment information within the U.S. and abroad, including internship and job postings, as well as cultural norms and expectations. It also contains accurate and up-to-date country-specific information on hot industries, in-demand careers, visa restrictions, as well as H1B Plus database of U.S. visa-sponsoring employers.
Vault Career Insider (for current students, faculty/staff)
Students can research employers, industries, and career subjects through free books in VAULT. This site contains over 90 career, industry, and employer guides, occupational and industrial profiles with surveys and salary ranges, an internship database, Gold company surveys that feature in-depth profiles and employee and salary surveys.
Wetfeet Career Resource Library
(for current students)
Contains comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, and more as well as videos of career topics and employers. Contact Career Services for login information for Insider Guides.
MyPlan is a comprehensive career planning tool that is FREE to Penn State students and alumni who obtain the license code from Career Services. This system is useful for those in various stages of the career planning process, whether exploring majors, seeking to discover careers associated with specific majors, or changing careers. MyPlan contains four FREE self-assessments and corresponding career suggestions (interests, skills, personality and values), provided the license code is entered during the account registration process. For the code, email email@example.com from your Penn State email account (alumni can schedule an appointment).