Student Leaders play a very important role in the life of our campus and lives of our students.
To be considered for any of the listed positions, you must be in good academic standing. If selected, you must maintain the minimum GPA requirement throughout your tenure.
The application procedure involves the following steps:
- Submit a completed application with recommendations to the Office of Student Affairs. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- If selected, you may be required to interview before being considered for the position(s).
Potential Involvement includes:
- Student Government Association, the elected voice to represent all Penn State Brandywine students and serves as the overall governing body to student organizations. (Intent to Run forms will be available December 9 via the website.)
- New Student Orientation Leaders (Pride Leader) interact with new students and their families during Arrival Weekend and they present, facilitate, and coordinate orientation activities. The minimum GPA to participate is 2.5. (Applications are available December 9 via the website.)
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee allocates the funds generated from the activity fee for purposes that enhance the out-of-class experience for all students. Facilities Fee Recommendation Committee recommends projects to enhance the non-academic space on campus.
- Programming Board develops and implements events that support cultural, educational, and social activities. The board also supports student organizations ideas to plan and develop programming.
Leadership Development Opportunities:
- Conference Attendance: Penn State Summer Leadership Conference, National Conference on Student Leadership, and more
- Leadership Training: Workshops and Forums
- Leadership Course: Fall Semester CNED 304 Peer Mentoring
Fall Semester CNED 301 Student Organization Management/Leadership
Students are recognized annually during our Leadership Recognition Night in April. The campus community may nominate a student, staff, or organization to receive the following awards to be announced at the event.
- Student Club or Organization of the Year Club
- Barbara-Jackson Williams Award for Cultural Understanding
- Eric and Josephine Walker Award
- Program/Event of the Year
- Outstanding Service to Campus and Community
- Club Adviser of the Year
- Outstanding Adult Student
- Deborah J. Erie Student Leader Award
- Outstanding Community Service Award
Please contact Student Affairs at 610-892-1270 or email@example.com with any questions. Thank you again for your interest in becoming a student leader!
- Student Activities and Leadership