Sustainability Strategic Plan Town Hall Meeting Nov. 8
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, Erik Foley, director of the Penn State Campus Sustainability Office, and Susannah Barsom, associate director of the Penn State Center for Sustainability, will visit the Brandywine campus to share information about the University's Sustainability Strategic Plan. The meeting, which is one of many “town hall” meetings being held throughout the Commonwealth, will take place from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m. in the John D. Vairo Library, room 108.
The goal of this meeting is to get input from students, faculty, staff, administrators and community partners about the plan. Presenters will meet with members of the campus, share the draft of the plan and hear ideas about how Penn State Brandywine can meet the plan’s goals. Meeting participants will watch an eight-minute video, “Sustainability at Penn State: We are just getting started,” and participate in group brainstorming and open discussion about the plan.
Penn State already has a number of sustainability initiatives in teaching, research, operations and outreach; there are classes, student clubs, “green teams,” recycling programs, energy conservation efforts and community engagement efforts, such as Farmers Markets. The Penn State Sustainability Strategic Plan seeks to recognize, support and expand these efforts.
For further information on this initiative, please refer to the following resources:
- To read the main article about the Sustainability Strategic Plan distributed via newswires during the week of August 29, visit http://live.psu.edu/story/54760 online. The story features a list of the plan's five goals as well as links to detailed stories about the first two goals.
- For an FAQ about the Strategic Plan for Sustainability, visit http://live.psu.edu/story/54759 online.
- For a list of sustainability initiatives already underway, visit http://green.psu.edu/psudoing online.
- For Penn State sustainability teaching and research, visit http://green.psu.edu/research online.
- For more about the University Sustainability Council and the sustainability plan's progress, visit http://green.psu.edu/SustPlan/committee.asp online.
To attend this program, please RSVP to Jean Palladino at email@example.com.