Nittany Lion Career Network
(for students, alumni, and employers)
Penn State’s free private online job board lists part-time, full-time, internship and seasonal positions and:
- Is used across all Penn State campuses by students at all academic levels and employers nationwide.
- Allows students/alumni to post their resume, apply for positions, request an interview, set up email alerts for new postings, access a salary calculator, contact alumni in career fields of interest, learn about Fairs at University Park and more!
- Allows employers to post opportunities, access resumes and schedule on-campus interviews (OCI) at Harrisburg and University Park (which has 44 interview rooms).
To preview this system as a job seeker and view interview opportunities, login as a guest (refer to student/alumni or employer page for instructions). Students & alumni can request an interview (small annual fee) and arrange a video interview between Brandywine and University Park.
MyPlan is a comprehensive career planning tool that is FREE to Penn State students and alumni who obtain the license code from Career Services. This system is useful for those in various stages of the career planning process, whether exploring majors, seeking to discover careers associated with specific majors, or changing careers. MyPlan contains four FREE self-assessments and corresponding career suggestions (interests, skills, personality and values), provided the license code is entered during the account registration process. For the code, email email@example.com from your Penn State email account (alumni can schedule an appointment).
Need an internship or job? Campus Philly Careers has hundreds of great, regional opportunities for students to discover any day of the year. But twice a year, in October and February, CampusPhilly holds a week-long Online Internship Fair to connect students/interns to regional employers. They also run special events such as employer panels, hiring advice for LGBT job seekers, an annual leadership conference, and lots of fun Philly events and discounts for all partner school students.* Be sure to check their website regularly for upcoming events and discounts!
*Penn State Brandywine is a CampusPhilly partner along with 28 other area colleges/universities.
(for students and alumni)
Webcam recorded mock interviews which students can conduct in the privacy of their own space and then optionally share with peers or a career coach in Career Services to help critique their skills. Faculty can set up an account to explore this system for potential use with their class. Career Services can create question sets (comprised of 10 questions) to assign to students to complete.
The official Penn State Career Guide containing chapters on Avoiding Job Scams, Job Offers and Negotiations, Government Employment, Resumes and Cover, Interviewing Letters, Applying to Grad School and more.
- CareerSearch, a comprehensive database with organization/company profiles, contact information, revenue, specialties, competitors, and many more details. Generate an employer list by region and industry or keyword to uncover the hidden job market.
- Option to complete exercises to produce a personalized Career Profile report
- Ability to explore sample resumes and interview questions related to your field of interest
Use your @psu.edu email address to create your account.
GoingGlobal (for students, faculty/staff)
This database contains employment information within the U.S. and abroad, including internship and job postings, as well as cultural norms and expectations. It also contains accurate and up-to-date country-specific information on hot industries, in-demand careers, visa restrictions, as well as H1B Plus database of U.S. visa-sponsoring employers.
Vault Career Insider (for current students, faculty/staff)
Students can research employers, industries, and career subjects through free books in VAULT. This site contains over 90 career, industry, and employer guides, occupational and industrial profiles with surveys and salary ranges, an internship database, Gold company surveys that feature in-depth profiles and employee and salary surveys.
Wetfeet Career Resource Library
(for current students)
Contains comprehensive information related to careers, industries, salaries, and more as well as videos of career topics and employers. Contact Career Services for login information for Insider Guides.
- Academic Advising