We ask that you kindly read our Recruiting Policies prior to engaging in recruiting activities. Below are some of the more common methods of recruiting our students:
If you wish to set up an information table on campus, please plan to schedule two weeks in advance. Contact Christine Allen at 610-892-1394.
When recruiting students, clearly specify:
- Qualifications pertinent to the position (required vs. preferred)
- Compensation being offered (usually adds incentive to apply)
- Majors being considered
- Academic level (junior, senior, etc.)
- How the student will benefit
To help screen applicants, you might consider requiring:
- minimum GPA
- Work samples pertinent to the position
- Letter(s) of recommendation from faculty member or other
We recommend that you plan early and recruit early so that you have a larger and more qualified applicant pool.
Penn State Brandywine offers employers access to Nittany Lion Career Network, our online job posting system. There is no fee for employers to use this service to recruit Penn State students / alumni. Once registered on this site, employers may:
- Post internships and jobs (p/t, f/t, seasonal)
- Post job leads to identify prospects
- Search and review student resumes
- Connect with Penn State students at Penn State campuses throughout the state
When completing the online registration form, be sure to:
- Select Consortia.
- Specify a "Campus Relationship" with Penn State Brandywine and other campuses of interest.
Following your registration, watch for a welcome letter and password by email. At this point, you will be able to post available positions and internships to the site.
When posting jobs, be sure to indicate the location of the position so our students can find you by region or zip:
- Specify the geographic region (i.e. Southeast PA / Greater Philadelphia).
- Enter a zipcode for the location of the position.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Wysocki by email at email@example.com or by phone at 610-892-1264.
Among other recruiting opportunities at University Park (fairs, information sessions, etc.) employers can also arrange on-campus interviews (OCI) via Nittany Lion Career Network. Students from all campuses have the opportunity to register and apply for OCI’s at University Park. Brandywine students can either travel to University Park for an OCI or arrange a video interview through both campuses and the employer.
- Academic Advising